Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"The Whispers" Preview Review

Sorry for the sluggishness with the TV Round Up, but the networks have been INCREDIBLY stingy with their trailers. Here's an interesting one coming to us from Ray Bradbury's catalog from "The Illustrated Man" the short story "The Visitors". Seeing as how "The Illustrated Man" was my introduction to Bradbury, this has piqued my interest BUT in all honesty, this isn't a premise for a TV show, this is a premise for a really good movie or a mini-series. I don't see this show sticking around very long, ABC hasn't had much luck with alien invasion shows, "V" is a clear example of that and to be honest alien invasion in TV shows is a hard sell because the idea is so grandiose that episodic television isn't strong enough to handle the concept in a way that it needs to be. Check the trailer out and let me know what you guys think, I don't have high hopes for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment