Thursday, October 12, 2017

My Thoughts On The REAL "The Last Jedi" Trailer

These trailers keep coming out later and later, nice way to start speculation but MAN, I already shared my thoughts on the 1st "Last Jedi" Trailer but I guess I should've waited now that we have more images in this one. So let's get to the play by play and see what we see.

So not too long ago I wrote an article on Rey being a Mary Sue...so not so long ago that you can just scroll down and find it. In that article I speculated that The Force awakened in Rey and from what I see in this trailer, my assumption was correct. As it turns out it looks like Rey & Kylo Ren are both Force prodigies. That's a good as explanation as any considering The Force is capable of doing such things. A few things I like about the trailer I'll get into but before I do that I need to ask a serious question...

What the f*ck is this?!

Seriously though, what the f*ck is that?! I don't know what it is and I want it gone. I have a feeling that Rey's Mary Sue status will play second fiddle to whatever the hell this thing is. I'm sorry but we don't need more cute things in "Star Wars" BB-8 is cute enough, and some CGI gerbil hamster thing is just too much...much too much. Who knows, maybe when I actually see the movie I'll sing a different tune but I have a feeling they have this thing her to cash in on "Guardians Of The Galaxy" money due to Groot...which in hindsight doesn't make much sense considering they own Marvel and "Guardians Of The Galaxy"...but I digress. I don't know what that is and I don't like it as of now.

Moving right along, it looks like the archenemies are established in this film: Fin going toe-to-toe with Phasma is pretty freakin' awesome. Likewise it's good to see Phasma, I found her character really interesting. Who's missing is General Hux and I'm wondering if he's the thorn in Poe Dameron's side. Whatever the case maybe, I like to see both sides having established positions. Kylo Ren looks like he will finish what Vader started by continuing to do what Vader could not (ie, kill his family). Let's face it, Carrie Fisher has passed and it'd make no sense for Leia to live after this, so it looks like Kylo Ren will be killing Leia. Bummer but considering the 2nd movies are always the darkest, that's perfectly fine, and it will do good to give Kylo Ren some more bad guy cred.


I wanna shift gears and talk about Luke and I really like Luke as being this jaded old master who's been there, done that and is terrified. Luke was once a wide-eyed idealist with dreams of becoming a Jedi Knight and now as a Jedi Master Luke has seen some sh*t and is trying to be more careful. Apparently, Kylo Ren is some sort of BEAST when it comes to The Force and Luke wasn't ready to tame that kind of power, so Snoke swooped in...OR...could Luke be talking about Snoke? Snoke's true identity has been a mystery but I don't think there's a plot twist there, I think Snoke is just Snoke, HOWEVER! What if Snoke was Luke's apprentice BEFORE Kylo Ren, and Luke couldn't tame Snoke's power and he went to The Dark Side and stole Kylo Ren form him?


The thing is, everyone has an antagonist they need to confront, Rey/Kylo, Fin/Phasma, Snoke/Luke. It makes sense for Snoke & Luke to be primary antagonists, I doubt they'll have a physical confrontation (they really don't need to) but the over arching battle is between them. So the question remains, where did Snoke come from and what exactly are his intentions? This movie looks to be balls to the wall the action with some serious depth. And again, I appreciate Star Wars addressing Rey's apparent  Mary Sueness immediately by claiming she's a Force Prodigy and make it an actual plot point. I've said once before, there were 2 other movies and people needed to chill the f*ck out. I'm looking forward to "The Last Jedi" and hopefully I'll be seeing it when it comes out! Until then, may The Force be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment