Wednesday, August 5, 2020

STRANGE LOG: Clueless For A Title And Not Happy About It...

Hey ya'll here I am once again with another Strange Log but this is a good one like the ones before because now I'm actually gonna tell you guys (all 2 of you) about upcoming articles and what's been going on lately. Truth be told, not much but let's get to that when we get to it, so...let's get to it.

First, let's start off with what's new, "Mr. Robot" is a USA series starring Rami Malek (soon to be villain in the upcoming Bond film "No Time To Die"). The series is interesting enough but a few things are working against it and that's Mr. Robot himself. The series certainly has it's own demographic and despite the series being interesting enough I'm not exactly interested in following it...mostly because I saw the story going in a certain direction that I wasn't willing to see how far it'd go and because I figured that that was the direction of the show from the trailers and description to go into detail would be a huge spoiler but it's basically two movies in TV format combined as one, that's all I'm gonna say. I like the concept of hackers and computers and all that but sometimes it's just not done to my liking. Oh well...here's to hoping Rami gets some good scenes in "No Time To Die".


Webtoons! Let's talk about Webtoons since I've become a reader due in large part to my wife (who introduced me to "Red Book" and a little something called "Stagtown which you all should read NOW!) But Webtoons seems to be getting quite a bit of shine as one of it's most well know flagship series "Tower Of God" has gone on and go itself animated by Crunchyroll! My niece and I had the pleasure of watching the first episode, I was sold from the theme song. I've heard great things about it since it was a webcomic back when I was really into webcomics, although, I never had the pleasure of reading it...by the time I got around to it there was just way too much and I'm (apparently) a busy man these days...but now with an animated adaptation it's bound to reach a broader audience and I couldn't be happier for the creator of this series. I will be checking this out just gonna take me awhile like everything else...



I'm back on the RPG bug I gotta chance to play "Tales From The Loop" a Swedish TTRPG (and soon to be Amazon Prime series) with a few friends and enjoyed it greatly, but the limitation of being pre-teens really limited my ability to cut loose, a new RPG has caught my eye and that is "City Of Mist". "City Of Mist" is a modern noir RPG with a twist...the twist being that the characters you play as are legendary. By legendary I mean they can be characters ranging from generic fantasy creatures and races to something out of Grimm's fairytales, Heracles, you name it, Peter Pan...it's basically (as I described to my wife) "Once Upon A Time" the TTRPG. When I'll get to play it (given the current circumstances) is anyone's guess but I've found that I rather enjoy being a Dungeon Master. For anyone looking for a TTRPG that's not DnD I'd recommend "Tales From The Loop" and "City Of Mist" gve'em a look-see.



Getting back on track, let's talk about anime since it's been a while since I talked about anime...I think anyway. I've been getting back into anime, slowly but surely and a few titles have caught my eye; I checked out "Assassination Classroom" and I own both seasons, currently waiting for "My Hero Academia" Season 4 and "One Punch Man" Season 2 to come out on blu-ray...(I'm buying my anime now, thank you very much) but for the others, I'm just taking a peek. I've watched a few episodes of "Re:Zero" and to say it's exhausting is, to say the least, granted I enjoy the characters and the premise but GEEZ, seeing the same thing over and over just got tiring. Don't get me wrong, Subaru is a fun character but "Re:Zero" takes way too long to get outta the gate strong and doesn't do well in holding my attention. Rem and Ram are interesting characters but their combined beauty can't hold my attention either, sadly.

Sorry, ladies...

A lot of the anime I'm choosing to watch largely comes from memes (that's how I found Toga Himiko, that bloody little minx) so finding anime to watch these days (at least in my opinion) is difficult. A friend turned me on to "ID Invade" which I thought was pretty awesome and it was a limited series too (which was a major bonus). I'd watch "Durarara" but that's something you gotta watch consistently and I'd rather own the blu-rays (which I'm finding it difficult to find). There are a few others that have at the very least my attention but whether or not anything will come of it is anyone's guess. Right now, I'm just looking for something chill and easy-going. I've purposefully avoided the major ones like "Hunter X Hunter", "Naruto" and the like, not because I believe them to be bad, just because the hype machine has already consumed them and I'd prefer a less media influence viewing. And while yeah, "Re: Zero" and "Assassination Classroom" are mainstream they fall in line with what I'm looking for.

I've taken a dip back into manga by reading "Komi Can't Communicate" a series about the lovely and adorable Komi who suffers from crippling social anxiety which to her unknowing classmate makes her appear to be aloof and above the fray, therefore making her the coolest person ever. Komi is another character I've come to discover through memes and I've found the manga a rather enjoyable read, whether or not I'll continue reading it is anyone's guess since mangas are expensive and this is (as far as I know) an ongoing series. Anyway, something to keep my eye on in the future.

Such a cutie!

And to wrap up I'll be doing what I originally started doing with these is posting up upcoming articles I intend to write on this blog. I'll check you all later, here's a GIF of what I've been doing lately.

Upcoming Articles:
"Doomsday Clock" Review
Comic Book Science
What "L O S T" Taught Me About Writing
BAM! ANIME!
Remembering "Xenosaga"
Where Are All The Original IPs?

No comments:

Post a Comment