So we now have an official trailer for "Avengers: Doomsday," and I have words. No, I won't be crapping all over it like everyone has. I rather like the trailer; it doesn't show me the whole movie, and for that I am thankful because most trailers blow their load showing you all the major plot points and all the cool spots to the point where watching the movie is superfluous. That being said, let's dive in;
First, let's start off with the voice-over from Doom (is that Doom?), who is he talking to, and what is he talking about? He says, "Something's coming, something we may not be able to deter, before this day is done. We shall be faced with an unthinkable decision.". What is Doom talking about? Is he talking about the incursions? If so, is he talking to The X-Men? That might explain why we only see The Fantastic Four on our side of the conflict and not The X-Men. Somehow, Doctor Doom managed to dupe The X-Men? I doubt Charles is gonna listen to a metal-bound man whose mind he can't read telling him about some impending threat. Doctor Doom LOOKS like a villain. Furthermore, where is Franklin? Doctor Doom had some maskless interaction with Franklin, and that NEEDS to be addressed.
Many theories have already been leaked, saying that "Doomsday" was going to begin in Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man Universe, with him fighting Wolverine and Deadpool. Wolverine plants a bomb on his Earth to save their own, thus having no choice but to destroy Tobey Maguire's universe. Doctor Doom would approach Reed Richards about the incursions and find out that Captain America, Steve Rogers is living in their universe because Loki of The TVA realized that Steve's presence in the past would create a variation and offered to send him to another universe. Doom convinces Captain America, The X-Men, and The Avengers to go to Earth 616 to set up canons to permanently separate the universes. Cap mentions to Thor that he met another Loki, and Thor desires to meet this Loki. Cap goes to the TVA and discovers them all dead and realizes Doom is behind it. As it turns out, the incursions caused Doom to lose his family, and he kills Captain America's son and literally kills everyone else in The MCU and rewrites reality, thus creating Battleworld.
I don't believe this theory because there is a significant lack of Franklin Richards (who Doom was meeting at the end of "Fantastic Four: First Steps"), and they wouldn't set up such a character without some kind of payoff, considering they made a big deal about him in "First Steps". Not to mention Loki warning Steve of the incursions and agreeing to move him to another universe sounds far-fetched because, for starters, Steve never encountered reformed Loki. Steve's last memory of Loki is of him attacking New York. It'd make more sense if Loki appeared to Thor. Sure, Steve may have heard that Loki changed after "Thor: Ragnarok," but Steve still wouldn't trust Loki at all. But I'm not here to tear apart theories. I was just posting that there to see if there was any credibility to it, and to offer my 2 cents on why I doubt this is indeed the plot of the film.
![]() |
| The Two Finger Block, when you absolutely, positively gotta prove to everyone you're a badass... |
This trailer offers very little EXCEPT to show just how powerful Doctor Doom is as he is able to block Stormbreaker with two fingers ala' Goku style. But we have no idea why Thor is fighting Doctor Doom OR if Doom is the threat that Thor is scared of. It looks like The Thunderbolts and Shang-Chi are going to meet The X-Men, while the Leftovers deal with the Fantastic Four. The trailer doesn't appear to have any sort of canon plot to it and doesn't look like that's what's going on, considering you have The Thing shaking hands with The Wakandans. The trailer doesn't give much away, BUT I genuinely HOPE that the fight between The X-Men and The Thunderbolts doesn't last very long, as I hate it when heroes fight heroes over a misunderstanding. If that's the entire movie, it'll literally frustrate the hell outta me. That said, I'm glad the trailer doesn't give too much away, but we'll see if Marvel can pull a rabbit outta their hat.




No comments:
Post a Comment