Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Movies I'm Looking Forward To in 2012

Once again it's that time where I sit down and think about all the movies I'm looking forward to in the new year and well...I'm sad to say that it's only 3. I am however rather disgusted that I didn't complete my list from last year (I failed at movies last years) BUT this year I plan to make an actual EFFORT to see and review these flicks. Note: I am also looking forward to Quentin Tarantino's next movie "Django Unchained" BUT no promotional information has been released I'll add that once that appears. So let's get the ball rolling!


CHRONICLE
OH HELL YEAH! Ever since I saw the trailer for this "Akira-sque" movie I was 100% stoked. I think what sells this movie to me is the fact that it doesn't seem to take the route of "Hey we got powers, let's be super heroes" but rather it's a movie that does what ALL of us would do with superpowers, HAVE FUN WITH THEM! And this trailer seems like it's a combination of having fun with it as well as becoming drunk with it. This is gonna be a VERY interesting movie, if you don't believe me, WATCH THE TRAILER!


THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

IS THIS REALLY A SURPRISE?! Of course not! After "The Dark Knight" you know good and damn well that anyone who saw that is gonna be clamoring for "The Dark Knight Rises" and I for once actually agree with the masses. "BANE, BANE MATA!!" and "In Nolan We Trust.". I'm putting my full faith that Christopher Nolan actually knows what he's doing by treading dangerous ground in attempting a trilogy. But he's got us this far, here's hoping he can do it again!


THE CABIN IN THE WOODS

THIS one actually did surprise me a great deal considering it's a Joss Wheddon project...and anyone who's talked to me at length will know that I am NOT a fan of his AT ALL (yes, this means I don't like "Firefly" or "Buffy" or anything he's worked on. The GREAT thing about this movie is that it doesn't have his fingerprints on it. Meaning if someone were to tell me it was a Joss Wheddon project I wouldn't believe them. I'm also in a very privileged spot because I read the script thanks to some magic on my part so I know exactly what's going to happen...and having read the script I was ABSOLUTELY STUNNED as to just how clever the movie is. For all you who think this is an "Evil Dead" rip off BOY OH BOY are you all in for a rude awakening. This movie was DAMN clever (and I just read the script) I can't wait to actually SEE IT...especially the ending and the futuristic buzz-saw man with the orb...hrm...I may have said too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment