Thursday, August 24, 2017

STRANGE LOG: 8-24-2017

Here we are guys, once again I'm dropping another Strange Log, and it's all "Death Note" tonight, on the eve of one of the most anticipated (at least for me) movies coming this year. Anyways, I figured now would be a time to give you guys an update on what's going on in The Strangeverse.

Here's something that I've been thinking about lately and I'm still not too sure how to feel about it. Considering how pressed my time is as of late, with my son and work hours, I kinda figured I wouldn't be able to do The Strangeverse anymore. For those of you who don't know (I imagine many of you) I did a webseries title The Strangeverse which featured yours truly as the main character battling against the forces of evil. I concluded the 5th Season last year and I want to do a 6th and 7th final season but things don't look like they'll accommodate me. So I'm considering continuing the series as a webcomic. As some of you may know, I am not without artistic ability and I've drawn my own comics in the past, in fact back in high school I was known as "The kid who draws his own comic books", so I gotta rep behind me.

That and I've always wanted to do a webcomic but never quite had a story that I'd want to unleash. There are some ups and downs to doing it as a webcomic, for starters doing it as a video helped me utilize my schooling in film and hone my skills as a director & producer, kept me in contact with actors and got me accustomed to working around other people; but doing it as a webcomic would be advantageous for me because it would also help me hone my artistic ability and allow me to be more creative in telling the story. Also this would allow me to create more characters and actually make KATIRA an actual member of the cast rather than a disembodied voice. Not sure about that yet, but something to consider. Anyways, here's a picture of The Don & Stoner as they're supposed to be.


Moving right along, Project Canceled is coming along nicely, I'm currently watching "Mortal Kombat: Conquest" and my next review will be "The River". Setting that aside, I'm actually going to do something I wasn't planning on and that's reviewing "The Defenders", as of today I have the final episode to watch and I feel that this series really requires a review as there were somethings that I felt needed to be address. Normally, with these big shows ("Stranger Things", "Daredevil", "House Of Cards"...etc. etc...) I like to watch them for the sake of watching them and those are for my personal enjoyment, not to say that I don't enjoy reviewing (I do) but I watch things differently when I'm watching for the purpose of reviewing. That being said, I originally wasn't planning to review "The Defenders" but now I will be writing a summary of my thoughts on the series where I think things are headed.


Last but not least, let's talk about Youtube *sigh*, I am not making plans to return to Youtube. Back in the past Youtube was a new platform for creators to get their message out. I started making videos on Youtube back in 2009 during the height of The Dragonball Protest and ever since then just decided to stick around and talk about a few things. Many people look to Channel Awesome and Doug Walker as their inspiration for making movie reviews but I never got into those guys until much later and even then I'm really not interested in them. I hooked up with a few cats, Larry Williams of Otaku Assemble and a few others to create Rogues Gallery Inc. but that petered out and Larry blew up big time and started getting paid for content.

I never saw a dime for any of my content and was never in high demand. Could've had something with reviewing Battle Rap but...there was only so many battles that I was interested in watching and well...Battle Rap fans want you to watch all battles and No. That being said, it looks like I dodged a serious bullet as Youtube is going down the drain in some areas. I suppose for someone like me who was never getting paid from Youtube, I'm not effected by what's been going on but for others who's livelihood is based on Youtube, they're getting the Ye Olde Screw Job with Youtube's new Ad Bot. In a way, I guess I've been blessed as to not get any money from Youtube because truth be told, making videos was nothing more than a fun hobby I had that would become less sustainable as life went out. Now that I have a wife, a son and a (serious time consuming) job, I have less time to make videos and I'm quite happy. All in all, I'm not planning to return to Youtube, no one's really making demands to see me return and that's fine by me.

A line from my first "Best Of The Worst" Review

This is also the reason why I'm considering doing a webcomic to continue Season 6, we'll see what happens next for me. As for my next Anime RE-Claimed segment I'll be sampling "Durarara!" and I have no clue what it's about exactly, but I do know it features a dude getting punched so hard his clothes fly off and that's awesome. Anyways, those are all the updates for now. I'll catch you guys later for a whole SLEW of reviews (actually, only 2, "The Defenders" & "Death Note") coming Saturday & tomorrow. Here's a GIF of something funny, why? Because why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment