Wednesday, November 8, 2017

STRANGE LOG: The 2 Girls From Illinois

HEY! Here we are once again with yet ANOTHER Strange Log, not a whole lot entertainment wise but some news worthy stuff that doesn't require an entire article. Anyways, let's get to it!

Let's start with some pretty terrible news, amidst the recent allegations of sexual abused leveled at Miramax mogul Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey is the next to find his way in the cross-hairs and as a result, Netflix has decided to cancel "House Of Cards" after this upcoming season. This news could not suck more. Many people have already discussed the allegation and I'd like to say if it's true than that sucks as grown men should know better than to hit on (drunkenly or not) 14 year old boys. But I digress, more than enough people have already talked at length about it and I wanna keep this blog strictly entertainment and from an entertainment perspective, sacking "House Of Cards" just because of the lead actor is ridiculous.

Luckily/unluckily there has been talk of killing Frank Underwood off this next Season, which of course is the rational thing to do, after all, it's unfair for everyone to lose their job just because someone did something incredibly stupid years ago. HOWEVER! "House of Cards" will NOT survive without Frank Underwood. Considering how last Season ended, with Claire winning the Presidency over Frank declaring it to be her "turn." and Frank declaring he'll kill her, it's safe to say this probably won't happen...unless it does and that's the end of the series which in that case HELL YEAH! But that doesn't seem to be the case as there are talks of a potential spin-off either starring Doug Stamper....no, he's great as a number 2 OR and most egregiously old boring ass Tom Yates, and did I mention the character is boring...and dead...so this would be a prequel series...

And who wants a prequel series about Tom Yates?

My disappointment in Kevin Spacey aside, the fact that "House Of Cards" is coming to an end is sucky news. "House Of Cards" was Netflix's flagship series and without it we wouldn't have had "Daredevil" and everything coming afterwards. That being said all good things must come to end and "House Of Cards" was starting to lose steam anyway, plus an entire season centered around Claire did NOT look promising as she lacked the ruthlessness, drive and humor that Frank had, so it's all for the best.

Bye, Frank.

Moving right along, I'm still working on my "Anime RE-Claimed" series and looking to watch "Durarara!", just time is keeping me from it at the moment. My dear boy is teething and as such crying non-stop and is in a great deal of pain. So I can't really make time to do things that don't advance my career or family goals. That aside, I'm looking forward to discovering more anime and one that has caught my eye (because of a chick no less, Toga Himito) is "My Hero Academia". Toga seems like an interesting character, she's a girl madly obsessed with blood...and I have issues and I find her fairly attractive and her literal bloodlust turns me on.

My apprehension is that TV shows featuring characters with super powers are a dime a dozen, shows like "Heroes", "The 4400", "The Tomorrow People" and so on have soured me on superhero TV shows. However, after having watched "One Punch Man", I'm willing to give "My Hero Academia" a look and the series seems interesting enough...who am I kidding, I just think Toga's pretty damn cute. I'll be diving into "My Hero Academia" and "Durarara!" eventually, I just still gotta get through "Dragonball Super" which I freakin' love! It feels good to be diving back into anime after all these years, I greatly enjoyed "Prison School", "High School Of The Dead" and "One Punch Man", hopefully "Durarara!" & "My Hero Academia" live up to my expectations. And I hope Toga Himiko isn't as annoying as Haruhi Suzimaya...

Hiya, cutie!

Anyways, in video game news it looks like we got another "Last Of Us 2" trailer which introduced us to some more characters, Yara, Lev and Laura Bailey's character (she's the voice of Trunks in "Dragonball Z & Super") as an unnamed but muscley woman. It's unknown if these characters are playable or their connection top Joel and Ellie but what is known is that this game will center around hate. Okay. The thing that bugs me however is the central villain appears to be some sort of religious fanatic. *sigh* I'm a little tired of religious people being portrayed as villains. Granted, if this is the case of some cult, than that's fine, I love me a good cult story  and after all we can see some sort of cultish behavior (all the males appear to have shaved heads) but in this case...I don't know using words like "sin" (no other religious group uses a that word in a religious context). I'm just concerned this is going to be another one of those "God cleansed the Earth and it's our job to restore it!" type stories and there would be a genuinely good Christian character there to balance things out. I could be wrong but we'll see. That being said, there's talk of this trailer being a prequel showcasing Ellie's birth but I doubt it. It isn't even know if these characters will be playable or not. That aside, I'm interested but I hope I'm not right about my previous assessment.


Speaking of video games; something that I'm slowly becoming interested in is visual novels. Largely a genre created by indie game devs, visuals novels have more than broken out with hits such as (for better or worse) "Gone Home", "Dear Esther" and "The Stanley Parable" and while others might not consider those visual novels, those certainly capture the feel of the genre. What has me interested is a mobile game called "The Letter". I've long sense believed that horror movies are largely falling out of favor, but horror video games, with the introduction of VR headsets will bring about a new surge of horror.  While I haven't watched any let's play for "The Letter", I can say that it just has me interested in horror again.


First Person video games have largely been miss-used for First Person Shooters but I think horror is the best category for it as it puts you in the driver's seat. "Resident Evil 7: Biohazard" for example I think is easily the best "Resident Evil" game in my opinion, if only for the sole factor that it's actually scary and the protagonist isn't a soldier or any sort of tactical minded individual, he's just an average joe with limited skills like the rest of us. Makes for more of a compelling game when you reduce the capability of your protagonist. That'll be an article to be written later, but I'm interested in horror games and I'm planning on purchasing "Silent Hill: Downpour" in the near future, what with it being the last "Silent Hill" game and me being a fan of the series, I figured I should at least play ONE "Silent Hill" game and I missed the boat on playing "Silent Hill 3" and seeing my virtual crush Heather Mason.

Man, what a cutie!!

Anyways that'll do it for me. In the near future expect an "Anime Re-Claimed" article for "Durarara!" and "My Hero Academia", expect some other articles as I struggle for free time with my new job and juggling being a daddy to a 6 month old boy (I love my, son!). Anyways, here's a GIF of The Great Saiyaman a.k.a The BEST version of Gohan duking it out with his soon to be wife! Ya'll take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment