Thursday, May 1, 2014

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" Retrospective Intro

HELLO! How are you ? I'm fine, thank you for asking. So you're all probably wondering what this is ? Allow me to explain, well this was originally going to be a one shot video for more exclusive content on my blog, but thanks to the "good" folks at Blip.tv for screwing me over, I have to write these as articles. That being said, lately I've been going back and watching some movies of my childhood and I was reminded on just how exciting and awesome The "Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtle" movies were. So I decided to deconstruct each movie an article and explain just what was so great about them and point out some of the bad things.

I have to preamble this by saying I don't expect people to agree with me, but I'm at least hoping you listen to my points and consider the following. Considering the time these movies came out, these were REALLY ballsy attempts at bringing family friendly cartoon characters to the big screen, and not to mention accurately interpreting them. In this day and age where just about everything is being inaccurately adapted for the silver screen the complaints you'd have for these movies pale in comparison. BUT don't take my word for it, watch this review and make up your mind afterwards. Oh, and I won't be reviewing The "TMNT" movie, considering that's a CGI reboot and doesn't flow with the continuity of the original trilogy and I won't be reviewing the live action TV series either, at least not in this series. Hopefully, I can finish this before the wretched Michael Bay produced reboot comes out...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment