Thursday, February 5, 2015

Movies I'm Looking Forward To In 2015

Kind of a gimmie year in 2015, I mean aside from the heavy-hitters, Marvel and Star Wars, there aren't that many movies that have caught my eye...for better or worse, but nonetheless here's the list of movies I'd like to see this year. Give it a look see.

UNFRIENDED
 photo Cybernatural_2014_poster_zpsd184ed7b.jpg
Far be it for me to be above gimmick movies and by gimmick movies I mean movies that have some sort of novelty to them that makes them different from your average movie (ie, Found Footage, Mockumentaries). But in this modern day and age with gadgets and gizmos that do everything but wipe your butt crack, no one has yet to capitalize on social media in any definitive fashion. Sure movies like "Cyber Bully" tried to tackle the issue of...well...cyber bullying...but I think this film will take the cake. What we have here is an ambitions movie that doesn't fall into found footage or anything else, but rather it's own genre, a true cyber film! The story is a group of friends are held hostage on a Skype call after a popular girl from their school was humiliated and committed suicide, now that girl's ghost or someone is out for revenge. It's time for horror movies to do something different with technology other than "Oh no, I don't have cell service in this area!", and I for one applaud this movie's efforts. Give the trailer a look see and tell me what you think!


IT FOLLOWS
 photo It_Follows_poster_zps1f1e33e2.jpg
I have to thank Chris Stuckman for this one. Over the years I have been increasingly interested in Creepypasta and urban legends and things of that sort. This is an oldie but a goodie. The movie is about a girl who essentially gets conned into this curse of being perpetually followed around by this unknown being who intends to do her harm, her only escape is to pass the curse to someone else, very much like "The Ring". Movies like this get my attention because the idea of it is SO SIMPLE and yet SO COMPLEX! This one looks like it'll be a cult-classic and I, for one can't wait! Give the trailer a look and tell me what you think!


STAR WARS: EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS
 photo Starwarsviitheforceawakens_zpsd0208258.jpg
Love it or hate it, another "Star Wars" movie is happening and it's coming out at the end of this year. Do I even need to type anymore than that? Well, I guess I'm going to anyways. Helmed by J.J. Abrams, the man responsible for rebooting the "Star Trek" film franchise (yes, someone has been playing Jumanji) J.J. heads up another massive "Star" property and my favorite between the 4 warring "Star" franchises ("Star Trek", "Star Wars", "Stargate". "Battlestar: Galactica"). How this one is gonna go down after those godawful prequels is anyone's guess, but Nerds and Geeks alike will be watching this one with a close eye, I know I will. Here are my thoughts on the trailer and the trailer it's self, check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment