Saturday, January 4, 2014

Movies I Am Looking Forward To In 2014

It's that time again, 2013 was more or less a low point for movies in my opinion but 2014 is looking promising with a few trailers of movies that I am more than a little interested in checking out, so let's get to it.


WELCOME TO YESTERDAY

This trailer f*cked me up and it f*cked me up something ROYAL! Why? Because I was currently in the process of writing a novel involving Time travel. NOT SINCE The "Chronicle" trailer have I been THIS stoked about a movie. And unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, this movie hits a few points of my novel (e.g. exploiting time travel to get rich). I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!

GODZILLA

Of course this would have to make the list, like a giant, green, nuclear Elvis, when The King comes back, you gotta respect it. Godzilla is once again making his return to the American bigscreen and it looks from the film that he won't be some French Polynesian Bitch having a hissy fit and legitimate pissed off, destructive giant lizard, LIKE HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE! The visuals in this movie look INSANE! But the most insane in this movie is the sheer girth of Japan's favorite metaphor for their Post A-Bomb Era. Looking forward to this one.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

"X-Men: First Class" was the best film I didn't like, and if that sounds weird to you...well then you're not alone because I have no clue what exactly that means. The film geek in me REALLY enjoyed it, but the comic book geek in me was going "THAT'S NOT WHAT HAPPEN!". Regardless the Cinematic X-Men Universe is really making up for "X-Men: Last Stand" in a BIG WAY! Hopefully this will be as good as "X-Men: First Class", because according to Singer, he's planning to tackle Apocalypse next and may God have mercy on him if he screws with my favorite villain.

SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR
I think it goes without saying but I'm gonna say it anyway, "IT'S ABOUT F*CKIN' TIME!!" OH HOW WE HAVE WAITED AND WAITED FOR A SIN CITY SEQUEL! It's FINALLY HERE! After being pushed back for I think...3 years? It finally has a cast, a crew a release date and actually plot descriptions! GEEZ! The only thing that sours this for me is that Clive Owen isn't returning as Dwight...maybe he is, maybe he isn't...I'm not quite sure. Either way, I'm VERY happy this is finally seeing the light of day!
*Trailer Not Available At This Time*

No comments:

Post a Comment